Thursday, April 11, 2019

Thank You Lehi

After my son's accident, my family has felt an outpouring of love from friends, family, neighbors, community members, and strangers. It has been such an overwhelming experience that we don't know how to take it all in.

My husband cut down the rope with his knife and performed CPR. Neighbors rushed to aid, one jumping over fences. EMTs, firefighters, and police officers all came within minutes to my son's aid. The medical staff at Primary Children's cared expertly for my son to prevent any brain, spinal, and other damage to his body. Neighbors and friends brought us meals. My parents and neighbors watched my other sons. My son received so many gifts and cards they have overtaken our toy bins and countertops! My son's school community visited him and gave him letters. Our bishop and counselor assisted in a blessing of healing for our son. Everyone said prayers for our son. So many people who knew him and didn't know him said prayers for him. I heard stories of many people who prayed for him.

One person or more people did a fundraiser for our son under #LehiLift. Through a mutual acquaintance, they had children deliver the donation to our door. It was very heartwarming.

All of this has been so kind from everyone. There is power in community. There is power in unified thoughts and prayer.

Thank you!

My stubborn son is such a miracle kid to go from no heartbeat and no breath to a full recovery within less than a week.

You all helped bring about that miracle.



My husband and I have chosen not to contact the media about what happened to our son. It was overwhelming at the time. I posted a few updates on my private account, but I asked people not to reach out to media. As I've talked to people, some have been happy to hear of my son's full recovery from the accidental strangulation. I want to share the good news, but not expose our names to the media. Many will know who we are, but I don't want the whole world to know details about our lives. For this reason, I started this anonymous blog.

Please respect my family's privacy by not using our first or last names or any private details about us in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paradox of Miracles

I've always believed in miracles. I heard stories of my mother being healed after an accident before I was born. On my mission, I saw a ...